Welcome to my teaching blog! I am an SEI teacher for kindergarten and 1st grade students, and this is my 3rd year of teaching in my own classroom. Every day is a new adventure, and there's never a dull moment! Please consider following my blog. :)


Thursday, October 27, 2011

First Snow

The first snow of the cold season is here...New England is a madhouse.  Today was a good day...I had to be on top of my game, though, and dig deep for that extra patience and attention for certain students...

Highlights/Low-lights:
  • Pumpkin carving-- This morning, I left a humungous pumpkin sitting in the corner of the room without telling the students about it.  Once they noticed it, they totally FREAKED OUT/loved it.  I carved the top during their Specials, and at the end of the day, we opened the pumpkin up.  Each student had a chance to grab a handful of seeds to put on a paper plate.  Gooey!  It was actually my first time carving my own pumpkin, and it was clear to me that it was the first time most of them have seen/felt the inside of a pumpkin...so cute!  We'll be eating roasted pumpkin seeds tomorrow.  Today, they put the seeds in ten-frames to take home. :)
  • Where the Wild Things Are by Sendak-- My para read the book while I administered the MEPA elsewhere.  I planned for her to help the kids draw and write about their own "wild things."  Their names were so creative, and some students put a lot of effort into their creations!  I will use them to make a class book. :)
  • Recess duty really cuts into my day, and it stinks that I have it 3x a week...blah :/
  • The copy machine at work is having a tough connection to the network and printing from classroom computers...FML! I hope it's fixed tomorrow. :/
  •  $25 gift card for each classroom teacher from the PTO to use at the Book Fair! Unexpected surprise :)

Biggest Concerns Right Now:
  • P/T conferences
  • Staying patient and kind enough to understand and maintain composure around behavioral kids
  • Maintaining organization
  • Placement of students/flexible grouping
  • my ELA schedule tomorrow
  • independent work for centers during literacy and math time

No comments:

Post a Comment