Welcome to my teaching blog! I am an SEI teacher for kindergarten and 1st grade students, and this is my 3rd year of teaching in my own classroom. Every day is a new adventure, and there's never a dull moment! Please consider following my blog. :)


Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween

I thought today would be a nutso day, but it was manageable-- probably since half my students don't celebrate Halloween anyway.  Still, my aide and I dressed up as a cat and mouse, and the kids went crazy for the costumes. :) We also ended the day with some free painting and drawing, along with face painting and goodie bags.

Highlights/Low-lights:
  • Dressing up as a mouse was so fun today-- all the kids at school (not just my room) were excited. :)
  • Completed my first round of sight word recognition that I have been planning to do for awhile. :) Some students knew more than I gave them credit for-- isn't that always the case?
  • I love days with no recess duty. :)
  • K Math went so smoothly today...the kids were really trying, and they were engaged with pumpkin patterns! Yay! :)
  • I passed my Reading MTEL on Friday, and I think that that gave me motivation this weekend to plan for today. HooRaY! :)
  • Parent/Teacher conferencing schedules with translators between three classrooms is THE MOST STRESSFUL THING.  Wahh :(
  • I am excited for our ELL Thanksgiving celebration because I think it's important to share cultures and get to know the kids and their families through something meaningful and fun. :)

Biggest Concern:
  • My formal observation on Thursday is making me crazy.
  • Letter and NUMBER recognition for my kindergarten students...so difficult for them to grasp!
  • Why do some students count one-to-one "1, 2, 6..." WHAT?!
  • Inclusion with mainstream for my kids

No comments:

Post a Comment