Welcome to my teaching blog! I am an SEI teacher for kindergarten and 1st grade students, and this is my 3rd year of teaching in my own classroom. Every day is a new adventure, and there's never a dull moment! Please consider following my blog. :)


Monday, March 5, 2012

Dr. Seuss, continued

Highlights/ Low-lights:
  • I am continuing the Dr. Seuss theme this week because my kids love the books so much...We finally finished our story maps of the Cat in the Hat today and our -at rhyming hats.  I had a last minute idea to use the handouts as the stomach of a cat and make a kid-size display of information-- came out super cute!!
  • Informal observation AGAIN today-- first one done by my assistant principal...I thought the kids were crazy, but she didn't write anything negative-- just saying that they were engaged and methodical...lovely.
  • Spirit Week flyer checked out with the committee; so it's off to be copied!
  • Cat 1 training after school today...I love knowing people in my class! But coffee took FOREVER to get..ugh.
  • MEPA practice tests took longer than expected today, and we ended up working on a lot of handwriting practice instead...

Biggest Concerns:
  • MEPA
  • report cards due next Wednesday

Photos:
4 ft. tall Cat in the Hat

No comments:

Post a Comment