Welcome to my teaching blog! I am an SEI teacher for kindergarten and 1st grade students, and this is my 3rd year of teaching in my own classroom. Every day is a new adventure, and there's never a dull moment! Please consider following my blog. :)


Sunday, March 4, 2012

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

I would be lying if I told you that Friday wasn't crazy.  I would say that it is in my top 5 craziest days of the year-- for sure.  Oh well, it was Seuss-tastic!

Highlights/ Low-lights:
  • spelling tests today were rough-- only 5 hundreds!
  • Seuss hats with peppermints and Oreos-- one little guy tried to eat his!! oh geez...
  • Seuss rhyming hats
  • Cat in the Hat story maps
  • Thing 1 and Thing 2 impromptu puppets
  • Read Across America storyteller LOVED my class and wants to come back next Friday! :) It's nice when someone comes in and thinks your kids are totally awesome (which they are, but they are also totally crazy).  They loved Marvin Mooney.
  • green eggs and ham from our kindergarten friends downstairs!
  • bathroom was out of commission for 2 hours today-- rough.
  • pajama day throughout the school today

Biggest Concerns:
  • lessons and scheduling next week with MEPA testing
  • four classes are in full swing! ay caramba!!

Photos:

No comments:

Post a Comment