Welcome to my teaching blog! I am an SEI teacher for kindergarten and 1st grade students, and this is my 3rd year of teaching in my own classroom. Every day is a new adventure, and there's never a dull moment! Please consider following my blog. :)


Saturday, March 24, 2012

Friday

Notes:
  • During storytime, we read Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What do you see? by Eric Carle.  The kids LOVED it, and my para went on to ask them what animal they wish they could be (since 1st graders have been learning about different animals).  One of my K students said "A zebra because it has [a] mohawk."  awee, so cute!  I love him! :)  We will be reading more Eric Carle stories next week.
  • 8 100s on spelling tests--almost all the K, holla!
  • Writer's Workshop type model= "What do you like to do in the spring?"  We brainstormed "Spring" words with a T chart that listed nouns, verbs, and adjectives.
  • writing project led to our new bulletin board-- I was so excited to take down the Lorax bulletin b/c I get tired of things so easily...
  • worked the kids in math...not the usual on a Friday, but they needed more push
  • first-grade kids did horrible with long a sounds in spelling and with word hunts...need to take things down a notch
  • bubbles in the courtyard
  • one girl wrote in my books -.- super annoyed.

Photos:


No comments:

Post a Comment