Welcome to my teaching blog! I am an SEI teacher for kindergarten and 1st grade students, and this is my 3rd year of teaching in my own classroom. Every day is a new adventure, and there's never a dull moment! Please consider following my blog. :)


Monday, December 5, 2011

Monday

What an action-packed day!  This week is going to be a doozy...

Highlights/ Low-lights:
  • Found out that my little kindergartner is leaving next week...so devastated.  I hope her new school takes care of her. :(
  • Kindergartner strikes again with poo-oopsies in his pants...so gross...fml.  We took a trip to the nurse together this time...
  • Meeting after school from 3:50 until 5:15pm...thank goodness my aide was there or else I probably would have lost my mind!
  • Observation with my mentor scheduled for Wednesday...
  • Math was quick today, but it went well!  The kindergarteners are beginning to understand addition concepts...
  • First grade practice sheets were definitely a good idea...thank you Math director for the bonus and supplementary workbook. :)
  • Read The Mitten today-- the kids loved it!
  • Day 3 of Kindness= helping me clean the room and wash the tables!  Our first time doing it together; usually I do it by myself, but the kids loved helping out.  I'll have to make it a weekly routine...

Biggest Concerns:
  • Changing my literacy instruction to meet the expectations of my director and L
  • Report cards due tomorrow and still need to be completed-- they are sitting right in front of me-- ughh!
  • Flexible grouping in my classroom
  • My PD workshop at the end of this week?
  • My work for grad school is beginning to overlap and take over my work-life-- I hope I can survive the next 2 weeks...

Photos:
New crayon holders from my para! How exciting :)
Math Word Wall *under construction"

    No comments:

    Post a Comment