Welcome to my teaching blog! I am an SEI teacher for kindergarten and 1st grade students, and this is my 3rd year of teaching in my own classroom. Every day is a new adventure, and there's never a dull moment! Please consider following my blog. :)


Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tuesday

Highlights/ Low-lights:
  • Working all day at school and trying to complete my work for grad school at the same time-- CraZY!!
  • Suspect #1 in my class can't count to 10...I am going to seriously drill him every day until vacation...might make his life miserable.
  • Suspect #2/3 poopsied in his pants AGAIN...#4!!! I was so mad!!! Missed 25 out of the 30 minutes I get for lunch today...ughhhhhhhhhhh
  • ESL groups were kind of rushed today-- hate that!  But my group #2 is really trying hard to practice phonemic awareness and blending...so proud :)
  • Glue and shaving gelled snowmen are hanging up, and I will try to include a picture when all of them are complete!
  • Grade 1 QQ4 in math were actually pretty good!  Only one straggler who is already on my radar...tisk tisk!
  • Last grad class of the semester tonight with only 1 project due next week...such a great weight off my shoulders.

Biggest Concerns:
  • Speaking to parents about expectations in the classroom-- below grade-level kids and kids who are behaving like babies...I am not their mother!
  • packing in my gingerbread activities for this week and next before break
  • staff party on Thursday right after my new-hire meeting...busy day!

Photo:
new HANDS-OFF policy @ school

    No comments:

    Post a Comment