Welcome to my teaching blog! I am an SEI teacher for kindergarten and 1st grade students, and this is my 3rd year of teaching in my own classroom. Every day is a new adventure, and there's never a dull moment! Please consider following my blog. :)


Wednesday, December 14, 2011

WEDNESDAY!!

So I woke up thinking that today was Friday...rough.  Then I found out that my dad ate my leftover pizza last night; so I was forced to make myself a lunch.  Lastly, I spilled half of my coffee the moment I stepped into my classroom this morning.  FML!  It was also all over my white gloves.  my life.

Highlights/ Low-lights:
  • Math sorting went well today, and so did the dice roll game-- woohoo!
  • New schedules for all grades to try to accommodate more CPT time and flexible scheduling-- I hope it works out.
  • Second book into the Gingerbread series.  We read the Gingerbread Man yesterday, and we read the  Gingerbread Girl today.  Hopefully, we'll be able to read Gingerbread Baby tomorrow.
  • My aide was 2 hours late to work today, and I don't know why.  It stinks when your kids show up in your classroom before you do, and they don't understand why they can't be in the room without an adult...ughh!
  • ESL groups went well today, and my low group did really well with "Write the Room."  I was so proud!

Biggest Concerns:
  • preparation for next week
  • busy day tomorrow with my new hire meeting and staff party-- nervous about parking there, too!
  • Gingerbread cookie decorating, gingerbread house decorating, snowflake making, and poetry slam preparation...and pj party possibly on Thursday?
  • comp pay for covering Music today

Photos:
"What did the sixth snowman say?"
"My nose is cold."

"I like my snowman friends."
another alphabet poster in the room...

No comments:

Post a Comment