Welcome to my teaching blog! I am an SEI teacher for kindergarten and 1st grade students, and this is my 3rd year of teaching in my own classroom. Every day is a new adventure, and there's never a dull moment! Please consider following my blog. :)


Tuesday, January 3, 2012

First Teaching Day of 2012

First day back-- happy new year to all my confused students!  So happy to be back with their friends, but also so tired by the end of the day.  I think the day flew by, even with our new schedule flipping our world upside down.  My kids are flexible though...and try to transition/adapt as quickly as they can. :]

Highlights/Low-lights:
  • Pumpkin soup from my aide for Haiti's Independence Day...yummmy
  • 3/14 students brought back "extra credit" work from vacation...hmm
  • trying to make up for the lack of resources I have to teach my Kindergarten kids from "their" curriculum

Biggest Concerns:
  • worried about how to write my language objectives for ESL/ELA
  • worried about the upcoming quarterly assessments
  • kindergarten report cards are when...?
  • assessments at the right time and ones that assess the right skills (or at least the skills taught!)
  • another grad class starting again in 3 weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment