Welcome to my teaching blog! I am an SEI teacher for kindergarten and 1st grade students, and this is my 3rd year of teaching in my own classroom. Every day is a new adventure, and there's never a dull moment! Please consider following my blog. :)


Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Thought it was not Tuesday

So I came into school today with a list of things to do, but I was still running around like a chicken with its head cut off all day...oh well...

Highlights/Low-lights:
  • My aide was out today and didn't send me a text.  Very weird when someone is waiting for you in your room and you planned for a day with someone familiar with your kids!  However, she was very good with them, and I love seeing how other people would do things differently than me in my classroom. 
  • Scholastic Book orders were organized by the sub today (woohoo!), and she was so pro about it!  Now I have my letter all typed up (including under $1 items) to send home with the kids tomorrow.
  • Today started the day of the many assessments for my kiddos. :( Rough times ahead!  Today, we began the follow: writing our addresses/phone numbers/birthdays; spelling pre-test for Grade 1; Unit 5 pre-test for Grade 1 in Math; Unit 3 math test for K; HF testing for K; and ongoing PA testing for K...will I ever get that last one finished?!  It is taking me FOREVER!
  • Failed Zumba class at school today b/c the CD/CD player wasn't working...bummer!

Biggest Concerns:
  • Assessing my students and making the data useful to me...as well as organizing results so that I can refer back to different tests!
  • post-conference on Friday
  • Chinese New Year festivities
  • Penguin theme next week?
  • New units for K and 1 in Reach starting next week
  • Spelling tests for K starting next week

No comments:

Post a Comment