- My aide was out today and didn't send me a text. Very weird when someone is waiting for you in your room and you planned for a day with someone familiar with your kids! However, she was very good with them, and I love seeing how other people would do things differently than me in my classroom.
- Scholastic Book orders were organized by the sub today (woohoo!), and she was so pro about it! Now I have my letter all typed up (including under $1 items) to send home with the kids tomorrow.
- Today started the day of the many assessments for my kiddos. :( Rough times ahead! Today, we began the follow: writing our addresses/phone numbers/birthdays; spelling pre-test for Grade 1; Unit 5 pre-test for Grade 1 in Math; Unit 3 math test for K; HF testing for K; and ongoing PA testing for K...will I ever get that last one finished?! It is taking me FOREVER!
- Failed Zumba class at school today b/c the CD/CD player wasn't working...bummer!
- Assessing my students and making the data useful to me...as well as organizing results so that I can refer back to different tests!
- post-conference on Friday
- Chinese New Year festivities
- Penguin theme next week?
- New units for K and 1 in Reach starting next week
- Spelling tests for K starting next week