Welcome to my teaching blog! I am an SEI teacher for kindergarten and 1st grade students, and this is my 3rd year of teaching in my own classroom. Every day is a new adventure, and there's never a dull moment! Please consider following my blog. :)


Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday

Highlights/ Low-lights:
  • Tuesdays are super long days because I have my grad class at night...just wait until those Category trainings start next Saturday!! boooo
  • Began the penguin unit today, and my kids are loving it!  The books I chose are engaging, and they are really liking my visuals/ graphic organizers
  • Planned for penguin activities tomorrow afternoon with my para while I'm at a 3-hour PD
  • small groups in ESL today worked well I think with the 1st-grade split in 2...noise level is a constant concern thought
  • nervous about tomorrow's OTL CPT because we have to show student work
  • my students' parent went to the library today and asked for my mother! so cute :)
  • school printer in the basement is broken again...ughhh!!
  • finally received my formal observation write-up and signed my mid-year eval
  • my para and I always speak about our students in code (using their initials) and today, one of the kids knew his! how embarrassing...

Biggest Concerns:
  • future observations
  • units within the next 2 weeks
  • quarterly assessments
  • ESL MTEL
  • IEP meeting in 2 weeks...

Photos:
Pre-unit/ reading activity...making predictions and stating ideas

Penguins by Fiona Watt

Choice time = At the Markers Center, one student was inspired to draw Superman Penguin...with an egg.  Tooo funny.

Parts of a Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment