- so much to do that I forget what I'm SUPPOSED to be doing during Math CPT...finally got the 2 articles read and responses written, though! phew!
- Groundhog Day today= read Geoffrey Groundhog Predicts the Weather by Bruce Koscielniak... some kids had watched Punxsutawney Phil running around on TV so there was some prior knowledge. 6 more weeks of winter-- ugh!
- I found a poem for the kids to read and practice sequencing the words with; then they can use the puppets to sing the song... they loved it, and it's something new for them.
- We also made groundhog puppets and cut slits in green construction paper to represent the groundhog coming up to see its shadow
- one of my friends was pulled out for bilingual testing today... poor little guy! He hates working with strangers
- K Q2 math assessment went fairly well today...some of my k students did better than I thought they would (and of course the opposite for at least one of them...)-- already corrected and recorded the data for them, too-- woohoo! Now I just have to complete the scantrons when those arrive
- Gr. 1 Q2 math assessments
- ESL MTEL
- teaching partners of 10 to my K students
- developing and building the reading strengths of my first-graders
|"Here's a Little Groundhog" (to the tune of: "I'm a Little Teapot")|
|"Here's a Little Groundhog" puppets|
|student's individual groundhog puppet|