Welcome to my teaching blog! I am an SEI teacher for kindergarten and 1st grade students, and this is my 3rd year of teaching in my own classroom. Every day is a new adventure, and there's never a dull moment! Please consider following my blog. :)


Friday, February 3, 2012

Thursday

Highlights/ Low-lights:
  • so much to do that I forget what I'm SUPPOSED to be doing during Math CPT...finally got the 2 articles read and responses written, though! phew!
  • Groundhog Day today= read Geoffrey Groundhog Predicts the Weather by Bruce Koscielniak... some kids had watched Punxsutawney Phil running around on TV so there was some prior knowledge. 6 more weeks of winter-- ugh! 
  • I found a poem for the kids to read and practice sequencing the words with; then they can use the puppets to sing the song... they loved it, and it's something new for them.
  • We also made groundhog puppets and cut slits in green construction paper to represent the groundhog coming up to see its shadow
  • one of my friends was pulled out for bilingual testing today... poor little guy! He hates working with strangers
  • K Q2 math assessment went fairly well today...some of my k students did better than I thought they would (and of course the opposite for at least one of them...)-- already corrected and recorded the data for them, too-- woohoo!  Now I just have to complete the scantrons when those arrive

Biggest Concerns:
  • Gr. 1 Q2 math assessments
  • ESL MTEL
  • teaching partners of 10 to my K students
  • developing and building the reading strengths of my first-graders

Photos:
"Here's a Little Groundhog" (to the tune of: "I'm a Little Teapot")
"Here's a Little Groundhog" puppets
student's individual groundhog puppet
Back

front

No comments:

Post a Comment