Welcome to my teaching blog! I am an SEI teacher for kindergarten and 1st grade students, and this is my 3rd year of teaching in my own classroom. Every day is a new adventure, and there's never a dull moment! Please consider following my blog. :)


Monday, November 28, 2011

Back to Reality

The day after Thanksgiving break killed me today!  Morning meetings injected stress into my day, and you know how those just throw me off for the entire school day...

Highlights/Low-lights:
  • My kids were as energetic as ever today-- good thing/bad thing?
  • meetings, critiques, judgments, THE PRESSURE.
  • It's crazy how you can plan for a million activities when the kids can only complete one...very...very...very slowly-- bahh
  • My principal is so supportive :)
  • Asked about Christmas lights up in the classroom today-- TBD tomorrow...
  • 18 school days until Christmas vacation!
  • gave my first graders the wrong quick quiz today-- no wonder they all scored 100% ;-)

 Biggest Concerns:
  • Report cards are due by the end of the week to be checked by the principal-- also my letter to parents needs to be translated in 5 different languages...fantastic.
  • As always, I think I've bitten off more than I can chew...it's bad when you get to school at 6:30 and leave at 7:30...and still feel like you're not prepared-- fml.
  • Everything is my concern right now. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment